Friday, April 29, 2011

Adventures of the TOOTH FAIRY

I may be the WORST tooth fairy ever! My little Katelyn lost her very first tooth  yesterday and I made her the cutest little monkey tooth fairy pillow, we made a big deal about putting her tooth in the pillow before she went to bed, I got them all tucked in last night and then I went to get some work done on the computer. I was up late and pretty exhausted.

This morning Katelyn comes running down the stairs screaming, "Mommy, I don't know if the tooth fairy came last night, let's go check!!" ..........All I was thinking was "CRAP!!!!!!!! I suck at being the tooth fairy!!!" So I said to Katelyn (while I was digging in my purse for quarters), "You need to go potty first, and then we can go check!" She said "Mommy, I don't have to go potty!" I said "Katelyn just go potty first" As she rushed to go to the bathroom, I sprinted upstairs like a mad woman and flew into her bedroom and grabbed the tooth and shoved two quarters in the pillow. I turned around and ran out of her room and Ava is flying up the stairs after me, then here comes Katelyn.

This is where I could probably  win an Oscar.....I said (out of breath at this point), "Let's go see if the tooth fairy left you anything" .....We went and looked and sure enough she was absolutely delighted to pull out two shiny quarters from her tooth fairy pillow! she said "Mommy, do you think that people will think these are regular quarters, or will they know that they are tooth fairy quarters??" lol She said, "I thought I heard that little fairy come in my room"...........maybe if the tooth fairy sounds like a herd of elephants running up the stairs! ha ha

That was WAY to close!!

No comments:

Post a Comment